Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Friday, September 7, 2012

It's That Time of Year...


It's cattle-workin' time on the ranch.
Time for pre-conditioning the babies.
Cowboys saddling up in the coolness of early morning.
Gathering cattle.
Giving shots.
Sorting.
                                                             Pre-conditioning last year.


And I am missing it. I was recently taken off of strict bed rest, but I am still supposed to be taking it easy. When I asked My Cowboy if I could ask to cook for the cowboys this week, the answer was a flat 'No'. I wasn't surprised. He is very careful with me and Baby. I should just walk out and take a few pictures, I suppose, but haven't even felt in the mood to do that.
From last fall's 'cooking for the cowboys'....

Instead, I have been organizing my house - one cupboard and drawer at a time. I can't work in the yard, the garden was destroyed by varmints while I was on bed rest, so that leaves the house.
I do need to make space in the girl's room for another girl, anyways, so it's  good I am stuck doing what I normally don't take time to do.

I have been searching the ever-popular Pinterest for organizing tips, and finding some pretty inspiring blogs and websites. Of course - I don't have a Container Store or Ikea anywhere close to me, so I can't really duplicate the most attractive storage/organizing solutions. But where there's a will, there's a way! (Right?)

Fall is right around the corner, and that makes me in the mood for even more cooking, writing, and projects. Is it just me, or does anyone else get the 'indoor-productive-itch' about this time of year?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos from last year! Just found your blog : )

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!