Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Monday, January 16, 2012

My new hobby.

OK. When I said I would tell you what my new hobby was, I really DID mean soon. But life happened. Again. Funny how that keeps happening. I have my plans, but then life changes things up on me. I wish Life would let me know in advance on some of these things.
Anyways.
Never mind.

My new hobby.

I recently bought a cinch kit. I am going to learn to make cinches. You know - those straps that go under the horse's belly, to hold the saddle on? So the poor cowboy doesn't go flying off? OK. Just wanted to make sure you know what they are.

I had wanted to have the first one made by now. But I ran into a small snag. I need a frame to stretch it o n, and so far, it hasn't been forthcoming. We are talking with a friend about making one for me, otherwise My Cowboy may have to try to make one.

I am gonna be making traditional cinchas. Mohair. Beautiful, artful, (costly) mohair.
Mohair comes from the angora goat - that weird curly-haired creature from my last post. I am so excited to start! I watched the whole training dvd about twice. So, once I get a frame, expect me to be weaving cinchas, photographing cinchas, and blogging cinchas.

I have no other news. I have too much news, so rather than try to play catchup, I shall just write what I want, when I want. like I always do.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures!! Sounds really neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of weaving and making cinchas, do you know Beth Lighthouse? I just read this post of hers today:

    http://lighthousefamilycrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/tae-weavers-gin-we-gang.html

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!