Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

No~Bake Cookies

I have always loved these easy cookies. I mean - it's kinda cool to make a cookie without baking, right? They are good to remember when your oven quits working, or you can't have gluten, (oats are gluten-free) or if you can't seem to bake cookies without burning them! (Just kidding on the burning part. I know you can bake cookies without burning them - that's just me that burns cookies, right? ) Anyways. I love easy recipes! Just dump and stir. This recipe is full of chocolatey-gooeyness. Yum.

First, you throw a stick of butter into a pan over medium heat. Let it start to melt...
 Then add 2 cups of sugar. Yes, I know it is a lot of sugar - please add it all! You won't regret it.
 Dump in a 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
 Add 1/2 cup milk.
 Stir it all together.
 I used a whisk to get it a little smoother. It does not have to be perfect - a few lumps are ok. Let it bubble up and boil for a minute. Please use a timer for this step. If you let it cook too long, it will harden into crystallized lumps. (ask me how I know)
After it boils for one minute - remove pan from heat and add your oatmeal...

 Plop in the peanut butter...
 Pour in some vanilla...
 ...and stir it good.
It's ready! Drop by spoonfuls onto a sheet pan lined with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Did you know after cooking for upwards of 20 years, I bought my very first roll of waxed paper this month? I don't know how I lived without it so long. Please go buy some waxed paper. It makes life so much easier.
 They need to cool off and firm up. Try to keep the kids and husband away for an hour or so. (Good luck with that.)
 Dig in!

No-Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
Add sugar, milk, and cocoa. Bring to a boil for one minute.
Remove from heat and add oatmeal, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Stir well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet.
Cool 1 hour. Makes 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!