Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Stevenson Branding

June 9, 2013

Our good friends had a branding yesterday. They head and heel their calves, so of course it was a lot of fun! And they have two stinkin' cute  lil boys, so double the fun for me! :)

 Bringing in the herd.
 
Handful of rope...
 
 





Taking him to the fire while My Cowboy gets a heel shot.
 

 Got him!

Setting ropes.
 
 Branding.
 
 Waiting in line for their turn at roping.
 
 My friend Karmen! She's quite a handy lady. She has a toddler and a baby. She made lunch for about 20 people,(with some help from her sister-in-law)  and she was riding and roping with the crew.

 The Stevensons. Husband/wife team.
 
 A reata.
 
 
 Grandpa taking care of the baby.
 
Hot irons.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!