Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Friday, February 11, 2011

30 Years Old.

I decided to have a productive day on my 30th birthday, instead of my usual lazy excuse of: "well, its my birthday, so I will just read a book all day..." I figured I would feel better, plus the fruit needed done up. I was right; I felt so good at the end of the day. Good and tired. But it was a productive day, that's for sure. And I even snapped a few pics of the whole process. Here we are, deep in the mess of canning. I canned some oranges that were getting soft, and made apple pie filling.


This is my favorite photo of the day. Look at those tiny, cutie-pie fingers! Lucia actually allowed me to paint her nails a few nights ago, and I love how adorable it is.

Can we say: Apple pies, anyone?

Jenni is my big helper. She enjoys the whole canning process.

Ahhh! finally! finished up just in time to go out to eat with the family! What a treat, to not have to cook a meal after a day of canning!




I enjoy canning. Its fun to have jars of yummy-ness on the shelves. As My Cowboy would say: " Let her eat of the fruit of her labors." I don't know if that is Biblically correct. But it sounds nice. And it's nice to know he's proud of my efforts at homemaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!