Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gospel Concert

I hadn't been to a gospel concert for years. It was 1999, I believe, when I last went to a concert. That was to listen to The Trio, made up of Anthony Burger, Kirk Talley, and Ivan Parker. I loved it. I was fascinated by Mr. Burger's piano playing!
Never had a good chance to make it to another one til last Sunday. The Booth Brothers were in Akron, CO. The Booth Brothers are currently our favorite gospel group. I love almost every song they sing. FYI: My Cowboy and I grew up listening to southern gospel, and we continue to love it. There are a few contemporary/praise songs we will listen to, but our gospel music consists primarily of southern gospel. So if you like 'breathy' singing - you're at the wrong place. :) All you will find here are hymns and 4-part harmony. Alot of high tenor and some deep bass. :)
Anyways...
 So, last Sunday My Cowboy and I took the kids, and drove to Akron. It was a beautiful day, and we were excited to actually meet the Booth Brothers in person. We didn't mind the drive over there at all.

When I went out during Intermission, the sun was blood-red. My camera wouldn't capture the color, unfortunately...


Photos taken with no flash and no tripod indoors. Not a good idea.
                                                      Micheal Booth and Jim Brady
                                                                                   Ronnie Booth
                                             
Micheal Booth was tearin' it up! Jenni was delighted to get to shake hands with her favorite Booth Brother (Micheal) not once, but twice! :)
They sang alot of beautiful songs, including two of my favorites: "Feelin Fine", and "I'm Still Feelin fine".  There was an alarming deficiency of young people there.... are we the only people under 50 that still enjoy the old hymns and four-part harmony????  They sang hymns, and joked about their cowboy boots. They gave the gospel message, and encouraged fellowship with other believers. I was blessed.

The 3.5 hour drive home that night was rather long. We made it home at 1:30 am, which is unheard of for us early risers, but well worth it.
Now if we could just persuade them to come to Laramie next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!