Yep. We are leaving the X-Bar.
Well, alot of 'little' reasons, which add up to one big reason. OK, I'll be more specific.
1. Cliff will have half-days off on Saturday! WooHoo!!! That is the main reason.
2. He will also have shorter workdays, whenever possible. (cows can be unpredictable, and some seasons are unavoidably busy...haying, calving)
3. He will have time off to go hunting.
4. We will be 1/2 hour closer to church - which knocks off an hour round-trip.
5. The boss seems to have the same kind of view of family life that we have. i.e: work your tail off during the week, then take off weekends as much as possible to spend time with the family.
6. A new house, without a mouse infestation.
OK, #6 was totally not taken into consideration. But it will be a very wonderful experience! :) I seriously HATE mice. I generally have some pity/feelings/mercy with even the most reprobate of critters. But not mice. I can't muster even one tiny bit of feeling for them.
There is very few things that I will miss about here.
1. Sheep Mountain, and the beautiful sunsets over it.
Where: North of Cheyenne, WY.
When: July 1, 2011
So there you have it. We have spent 4 years here on the X-Bar, and other than the first 3 months, it has been a good experience. Mostly. But its time to move on. So if I write sporadic, off the wall posts in the next two weeks, or don't write at all, well, it will be cause I am packing.