Life on the X-Bar Ranch...

I am an ordinary woman, with an amazing family, serving an awesome God.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my dad. He grew up in the Appalachian Mountains, working on the family farm. He always took time to take me fishing when I was a kid. He liked to travel, and while we never had much money, he made our trips funner by stopping at a roadside park to eat our peanut butter sandwiches. He also liked to stop and read every historical marker - which I hated as a kid, but now I subject my kids to the same torture! :)
I love this picture of him with his grandbaby. So sweet.

 He loves history and biographies. He has no time for, or interest in, novels. He is a great storyteller.
He is also a great logger. His first choice for work has always been logging and running his own sawmill. With yours truly helping, of course.

 I am so thankful for my kids dad. Besides being a handsome cowboy - he is loving, kind and never says a harsh or critical word. He likes his job as a ranch hand. He also likes hunting and fishing, and making saddles - which he is really good at. He is brainy and deep. But he usually listens alot more than he talks.

 But most of all, I am thankful for my Heavenly Father. He has not quit on me. He has always offered me His strength, grace, and power, if I come with an open heart. He loves me with an unconditional love. He holds me through every sorrow, He gives me grace to be happy during the hardest financial, emotional or relationship trial. He has never left me. He never will.

                                                      Happy Father's Day to My Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! It's fun to hear your thoughts. I do receive spam, therefore I must now moderate all comments. I do publish them just as written. Thanks for understanding!